Dr Yonghuai Liu
Name: Yonghuai Liu
Senior Lecturer at Aberystwyth
Telephone: +44 (0) 1970 621688
3D imaging, analysis and applications
Example Research Title:
Efficient registration and integration of free form shapes
Do two given shapes overlap, especially when they are corrupted by noise, include clutters, appearing and disappearing parts?
Object modelling and recognition, computer aided geometric design, industrial quality assurance and inspection, medical imaging, special effect design and computer animation, shape retrieval, etc.
This project attempts to develop automatic, efficient, accurate, and robust algorithms for the identification and fusion of overlapping areas between given shapes captured under typical imaging conditions.
Looking for Commercial Partners:
To support further research and development of 3D laser scanning techniques.
Prof. Ralph R. Martin and Dr. Jing Wu, School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University.
- 3D feature extraction and matching
- Efficient 3D shape matching and retrieval
- Noise removal and image enhancement
- Automatic 3D Free Form Surface Modelling and Analysis in the Frequency Space from Range Images
- Registration of 3D Point Clouds and Meshes: A Survey from Rigid to Non-Rigid
- Relief Computation using Shape-from-Shading
- Saliency detection for 3D surface reconstruction, segmentation and simplification