Dr Jing Wu
Name: Jing Wu
Post-Doctoral Research Associate at Cardiff
Telephone: +44 (0)29 20876998
Automatic bas-relief generation from 3D scenes or 2D images.
Example Research Title:
Bas-relief Generation Using Shape-from-Shading
How to create bas-reliefs from 2D real world images?
Computer aided industral design such as coinage. Application in 3D camera.
We learn the relationship between the views of 3D models and their bas-reliefs, and generate bas-relief images from real world images. We also develop a structure preserving shape-from-shading method to recover the bas-relief surfaces. Various techniques are utilized to enhance the salient features.
Looking for Commercial Partners:
Our work assists the artistic work in coinage. It may be of interest to Royal Mint. Also, it may open a new application in 3D camera.
Dr Yonghuai Liu et al. at Aberystwyth University providing useful ideas of generating bas-relief images.
- Advanced Shape from Shading Methods
- Relief Computation using Shape-from-Shading
- 3D feature extraction and matching
- Automatic 3D Free Form Surface Modelling and Analysis in the Frequency Space from Range Images
- Efficient 3D shape matching and retrieval
- Noise removal and image enhancement
- Saliency detection for 3D surface reconstruction, segmentation and simplification