Dr Gary K L Tam
Name: Gary K L Tam
Lecturer at Swansea
Telephone: +44 (0) 1792 513383
Digital Geometry Processing, Data Analysis and Visualization, Information Pattern Recognition, Retrieval and Indexing.
Example Research Title:
- Geometric Shape Analysis and Modelling with Applications in Computer Graphics
- Visualization of Multi-Dimensional Data.
Psychology studies, computer vision, multi-disciplinary visualization biometrics and security, computer graphics, film, movie related industry, CAD industry.
Gary has broad interests in developing and applying graphics, visualization, vision and optimization techniques to multi-dimensional data analysis. This data includes, but not limited to, collection of 2D images, 3D face image sequences, 3D motion capture data, 3D models with rigid / non-rigid deformation, and 4D geometry sequences.
Looking for Commercial Partners:
To support or develop new projects in:
- geometric modelling and computer graphics related area.
- visualizing multi-dimensional data for new scientific insights.
- Registration of 3D Point Clouds and Meshes: A Survey from Rigid to Non-Rigid
- 3D feature extraction and matching
- Automatic 3D Free Form Surface Modelling and Analysis in the Frequency Space from Range Images
- Efficient 3D shape matching and retrieval
- Facial aging simulation and visualization
- Modelling the Change in 3D Head Dynamics and Appearance
- Noise removal and image enhancement
- Saliency detection for 3D surface reconstruction, segmentation and simplification
- Visualizing Image Statistics